SOUTHERN ENGLAND – Singles League
Southern England Singles League
- There will be separate Women’s and Men’s Leagues. USAPA/IFP Rules Apply.
- All players must be a registered member of pickleballEngland.
- Play will take place on the 2nd* Saturday of the month from 6.30pm-9.30pm starting January 2019 and ends December 2019. Minimum of 6 games per evening guaranteed. £10 per session to cover hall hire, medals, Public Liability Insurance, drinks and nibbles and any other PickleballEngland costs.
- Players must register for each month that they are available so that fixtures can be published and communicated to players. Ideally we are looking for a minimum attendance 8 sessions per player. We also want players predicted attendance for the year for ease of planning. We may need to limit attendance for each session to ensure enough matches on the day for each participant. If some players could identify themselves as flexible floaters this would be helpful too.
- All games are played to 11 win by 2. You get 2 points for a win. At 15-15 the game is declared a draw and each player receives 1 point.
- Ideally we want to complete fixtures by October/November and then have a Cup competition with medals for that also. However, If fixtures are not completed additional dates may be required to complete fixtures.
- Play each opponent at least twice. Format to be decided dependent on number of registering participants.
- After league matches are finished for the evening, any remaining time can be used for recreational doubles play.
- There will be a winner for the night as well as the games going into the league table.
- Winner of league is player with highest win ratio. This means every player will play the same number of matches on any night and they will all count for medal places but there will be a minimum number of games to play before a player can qualify for a medal. In the event of a draw then determine winner by points difference. If still drawn then head to head results determine league positions.
- Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- We will publish results of each session and separately the League standings.
*May be moved if clashes with a major tournament