SE England Pickleball Bootcamp
Sadly the Roberto Donati bootcamp has had to be cancelled due to the Corona Virus. We hope to reschedule in 2021.
IPTPA Teach the Teacher
The July workshops have been postponed as Roberto Donati will not be travelling to the UK due to Corona Virus. We will try to reschedule when international travel opens up again and pickleball can be played.
SW Pickleball Festival
The SW Festival committee have had to cancel the event as the venue will be closed. A communication has been sent to all registered players and full refunds have been issued.
Mallorca pickleball holiday
This holiday is cancelled until next year. All attendees have been written to and all fees will be refunded.
2020 English OPEN & Bainbridge Cup
With very heavy hearts, after countless hours of planning and preparation, the largest pickleball tournament outside North America, our eagerly anticipated 2020 English Open & Bainbridge Cup is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control – the Corona Virus pandemic.
We have debated announcing a postponement rather than cancellation, but the reality is no-one knows when life will be back to normal. We don’t know when we could secure the venue and we don’t know when travel will be free flowing again.
We will process player refunds, of all event fees, dinner fees and £30 of the £35 registration fee over the next 30 days. We have advised our partners and sponsors, all of whom have been understanding and supportive and pledged to be part of our event when it is rescheduled.
We hope that players can get refunds for travel and accommodation but cannot be held responsible for any loss.
The English OPEN & Bainbridge Cup is run by a group of volunteers that were staging the tournament for the love of the game and for benefit of players. We are not a commercial business and all decisions that we make is with the primary interest of our fellow pickleball players’ health and safety.
Your Questions Answered
Q. Why have you decided to cancel the tournament rather than postpone?
A. It may well be that it will take longer for air travel to get back to normal and we wouldn’t want to preclude offering a local tournament before the rescheduled English Open & Bainbridge Cup. We feel that cancellation affords players greater flexibility to decide whether they want to (or are able) to enter again if they so wish.
Q. I have already withdrawn from the tournament will you be refunding my registration fee?
Q. How long will it be before I receive my refund?
A. We will attempt to process all refunds within the next 30 days. As we have over 700 registrations to process on two systems (pt.com and Paypal), we ask you to be patient.
Q. When will you reschedule the EO & Bainbridge Cup for?
Q. We prepaid a non-refundable rate to the DeVere Orchard Hotel for our room, will we get a refund?
A. The DeVere hotel currently appears to be issuing refunds for prepaid bookings up to 30th June when citing cancellation of event due to the Corona Virus. We suggest that you write to the DeVere stating that the tournament has been cancelled due to the Corona Virus and ask that they consider refunding due to the extenuating circumstances. If they respond that it is non-refundable, we suggest you hold off cancelling and check again in another week or so when they may have extended the refund period.